If you're reading this, you may be scrolling social media while you're at the beach, checking the blog while you're at brunch with your friends, or heading out for a hike. It's summertime, and senior photos might be the last thing on your mind, but believe it or not, it's the best time to book your shoot! You may be thinking its too early and you have too many other things competing for your time and money, but trust me...it's not only convenient, it's IDEAL! Here's six reasons why:
1) No inclement weather! There may be a rainstorm here and there, but summer is less unpredictable, which means you have a lesser chance of cancelling because of the weather. If you're worried about the heat, I can help you choose a great time of day where you'll be comfortable out of the dates I have available. I believe your senior shoot is a true "experience", not just a process. It's something that can change your perspective about yourself, and you definitely don't want to contend with the weather to do so!
2) The best clothing choices: You can wear so many more options in the summer, including boho dresses, swingy sundresses, jeans, tanks, and blouses. You can even opt for a light sweater and pants if you have a cooler day, and your footwear choices will be broader when you're not wading through puddles or mud. Warmer temps give you more opportunities to express your personality and character through your clothing.
3) Being the envy of your senior class: A summer session means you'll be among the FIRST to get your senior photos done AND in your hands! That means more time to share them with your loved ones, insert them into your grad announcements and invites, and be the trendsetter among your friend group. They will ooh and aah over your gorgeous images, and you'll be so glad you had them done first.
4) More free time: You can't imagine it now, but you're going to be swamped with deadlines, assignments, and paperwork when senior year starts. Booking your shoot during the summer will mean you have more options for those optimal times and days, and won't have to rearrange everything to make it happen.
5) You'll have a glowing tan! Yep, it's true! All of your fun in the sun will give you a pretty summer glow, and will photograph very beautifully. You can even do your shoot by the water or nearby, to get an even prettier contrast. The colors of summer clothes will also look amazing against your tan.
6) You'll meet your yearbook or scholarship deadlines: When it comes time to submit your yearbook photo, you will be ready. You'll also have incredible photos if you need one for college applications, jobs/resumes, or dance and theater headshots. No matter when they want submissions (most are in the fall), you'll be able to hand one over with confidence!
As a veteran senior photographer, I personally love summer sessions (and maybe these reasons convinced you too), but I understand if summer is just not your thing. Maybe you had your heart set on wintertime/snow, or maybe you wanted the changing leaves to be part of your session. That's awesome! The important thing is to book with me early, whether you want summertime or any other season. I usually book out several weeks to months in advance, so you can get your date set in stone, even if it feels early to you. Ultimately, your senior session is a reflection of YOU, it's the way you say to the world, "This is the person I am!" and say it proudly! On top all of these reasons above, your senior shoot is the chance to express yourself, build your confidence, and create a lasting memory to look back on.
If you’re ready to book your session or have any questions, you can Contact me today!